Watch this Video for a demonstration on how to measure your stoma for proper placement of the AMT Mini One Balloon Button.
Step by Step Guide
- Wash your hands
- Remove the existing feeding tube and set it aside for later if necessary
- Insert the AMT Stoma Measuring Device into the stoma, making sure the device goes slightly further into the stomach
- Inflate the Stoma Measuring Device using the supplied syringe with 5 ml of air.
- Tug slightly on the Stoma Measuring Device to ensure that the balloon is snug against the stomach wall
- Slide the blue indicator down until it is against the skin around the stoma
- Deflate the Stoma Measuring Device using the syringe that was supplied
- Remove the Stoma Measuring Device. The Stoma length will be indicated at the bottom of the blue indicator.